Why Ubuntu in VM cannot connect to the internet

Usually, I got this problem when I start Ubuntu and I cannot connect to the internet.

So my fix is just pretty simple, though either might work in your end or not.

1. update your date
2. restart service on /etc/rc.d/networking

So in my case, how did I fix it is by

$ service ntp stop$ ntpdate 10.0.1.19$ service networking restart$ service ntp start
So where did I have this 10.0.1.19? This is my other VM also, act as a server which interacts through the ntp socket and updates from the 10.0.1.19 server's time. If you don't have other VM, I'm not sure with this, just try to update your date to the recent date you have.

Afterwads, just run

$ /sbin/dhclient eth0

and hope everything will work into your end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Converting sectors into MB - Useful in understanding the sectors in iostat in Linux

What is Disk Contention?

Installing MySQL from source: Could NOT find Curses (missing: CURSES_LIBRARY CURSES_INCLUDE_PATH)