SSH Login is slow!

I just found out this solution when I was playing with sshd_config.

Anyway, I'm connecting locally with my another machine and I just can't let this latency and waiting for me until I'm logged in which is a little bit annoying.

To fix this, edit your /etc/sshd_config, but make sure you create a backup.


cp /etc/sshd_config /etc/sshd_config.backup
vi /etc/sshd_config

Then add these lines,

UseDNS no
Compression yes


You can either not include Compression but it might help as ssh compression means,

     -C      Requests compression of all data (including stdin, stdout, stderr, and data for forwarded X11
             and TCP connections).  The compression algorithm is the same used by gzip(1), and the ``level''
             can be controlled by the CompressionLevel option for protocol version 1.  Compression is desir-
             able on modem lines and other slow connections, but will only slow down things on fast net-
             works.  The default value can be set on a host-by-host basis in the configuration files; see
             the Compression option.

Hope this helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Converting sectors into MB - Useful in understanding the sectors in iostat in Linux

What is Disk Contention?

Installing MySQL from source: Could NOT find Curses (missing: CURSES_LIBRARY CURSES_INCLUDE_PATH)